- Available for z/OS
- Support for RACF (Resource Access Control Facility), ACF/2 and TopSecret
- RACF access for Java network applications using a simple Java API
- Symmetrical encryption of the data exchanged between network and mainframe (AES, TripleDES, Blowfish)
- Password check
- Password renewal
- Password reset
- Ressource access check
- Group membership check
- Class dependent profile listings
RACFBroker - Remote RACF access
RACFBroker is a program system consisting of two components enabling network applications implemented in Java to integrate a subset of the RACF functionality. RACF (Resource Access Controly Facility) is the standard IBM mainframe security system. RACF is used for user authentication via name/password as well as for resource access control based on user profiles.
The mainframe component of RACFBroker is called RACFBroker/z. RACFBroker/z is based on the product XPSDaemon from XPS. XPSDaemon provides a secured infrastructure for the communication between Java network applications and an IBM mainframe over TCP/IP.
RACFBroker/z communicates with the RACF subsystem on the mainframe using the official RACROUTE-interface.
The network component of RACFBroker is called RACFBroker/j. RACFBroker/j is a Java program package as well as a Java application programming interface enabling a Java application to access the previously listed RACF functionality through various API methods. RACFBroker/j and RACFBroker/z communicate over a secure, encrypted tunnel over TCP/IP.
The following list shows the workflow implemented by a Java application program using RACFBroker to access RACF functionality on the mainframe:
- Allocating a RACFBroker instance
- Establishing a connection with RACFBroker/z using the RACFBroker instance allocated in step 1
- Allocating a RACFBrokerRequest instance
- Populating the RACFBrokerRequest instance allocated in step 3 with request specific information
- Transferring the populated RACFBrokerRequest to RACFBroker/z
- Evaluating the returned values
- Repeating steps 4 to 6 as often as desired (optional)
- Terminating the connection with RACFBroker/z
Please contact us for further information and ordering of a free, full functional, time limited trial installation:
Telephone +49-(0)89-456989-0 / Contact via e-mail